Become an Election Worker
The Lansing City Clerk’s Office is NOT currently recruiting election workers for the November 3rd, 2020 Presidential General Election.
We have received so much support from the community and have more than enough applicants. Thank you for your interest.
Apply to be an Election Worker
If you’re interested in serving as an election worker, please click here to sign up. An email address and phone number are required in order to sign up. LINK HAS BEEN REMOVED 9/23/2020
- You must be a U.S. Citizen
- You must be at least 16 years old
- You cannot have any felony convictions on your record
- You must be able to interact with the public in a friendly, professional manner
- You must be available to attend at least one training class
Expect email notification about 75 days prior to an election to see if Election Inspectors are available to work that election. Please keep these dates on your calendar:
- November 3, 2020: State General Election
- May 4, 2021: Tentative Date for School/State Bond/Referendum
- August 3, 2021: Lansing City Primary Election
- November 2, 2021: Lansing City General Election
If you are not currently an election inspector for the City of Lansing but would like to be one, please complete and submit a brief form to our office by clicking here.
If you have any questions about election training, please contact Robin Stites at 517-483-6020 or by email.